The STAndards for BipoLar Excellence Project
- Advance the quality of care for persons with bipolar disorder by supporting improved recognition of the condition and promoting evidence-based management
- Identify, develop, and test evidence-based clinical Performance Measures for bipolar disorder
- Develop the STABLE Resource Toolkit, to support use of the STABLE performance measures in improving care for bipolar disorder in outpatient practice.
- Promote adoption & use of the performance measures by public and private national stakeholders to advance the care of bipolar disorder.
The STABLE National Coordinating Council (NCC) was comprised of national experts in bipolar disorder, psychiatry, primary care, and performance improvement. The NCC guided and directed the STABLE Project. NCC members agreed to serve with the understanding that the STABLE Performance Measures and Resource Toolkit would be fully transparent and available without cost in the public domain.
EPI-Q, Inc., is a consulting company providing practice-based outcomes research, pharmacoeconomic studies, and quality improvement services. EPI-Q managed the STABLE Project.
AstraZeneca LLP, Wilmington, Delaware, provided financial sponsorship for the STABLE Project. They did not otherwise participate in the development of either the measures or toolkit.
The STABLE materials published on this website are copyrighted by CQAIMH. They may be used for research, teaching, and quality measurement / improvement activities provided the following:
- The materials are not sold, distributed or licensed for commercial purposes
- CQAIMH’s copyright is acknowledged in reproductions of these materials
- Modifications to the materials are not made without CQAIMH’s permission.